Dongle + license model

petkonns

Dongle + license model

Post by petkonns »

I'm considering buying your software, but I'm little bit concerned about, what options will I have, when the Dongle is accidentally lost or damaged? Is there a possibility to get a new one?

Do you have any license model for educational purposes (we would like to use the software at our faculty within the educational process)?

Support

Re: Dongle + license model

Post by Support »

Thank you for your questions
petkonns wrote:I'm considering buying your software, but I'm little bit concerned about, what options will I have, when the Dongle is accidentally lost or damaged? Is there a possibility to get a new one?
Such cases are described in the Licence agreement and in the Help system>USB dongle> Operating instructions for USB dongles>Warranty

The USB dongle is a material carrier of the VideoCAD license. In case of losing the dongle the license is considered lost too.
In case of dongle failure during one year after purchasing and the dongle has no any physical damage marks, the Dongle can be exchanged free-of-charge.
In case of failure later than in one year after purchasing or the Dongle has physical damage marks, the Dongle also can be exchanged, but after payment for the new Dongle and its delivery ($120 for the present).
In any case sending the new Dongle can be performed only after receiving the broken one.

For the present we didn't receive broken Senselock dongles during 2 years. They are very reliable. Formerly used Guardant dongles were not such reliable.
Unfortunately there were several reports of losing dongles. Please keep your dongle in safe place. You are responsible for safety of your dongle and registration code. We are responsible for its operability in warranty period.

Pay attention that VideoCAD Lite and VideoCAD Starter versions can work without dongle. Dongle is obligatory for VideoCAD Professional only.
petkonns wrote: Do you have any license model for educational purposes (we would like to use the software at our faculty within the educational process)?
We have no special model. Each case is considered individually.

Support

Re: Dongle + license model

Post by Support »

VideoCAD Professional 11.1 is released with a new activation system without USB dongle. New VideoCAD Professional licenses are now supplied only with a registration code. USB dongle is not required, but licenses with dongles will be supported too. Low cost one-year licenses are now available for purchase. For existing users, we offer several upgrade options.

What is new in VideoCAD