Problem with Person Identification

Image quality, Resolution, Light sensitivity, Signal/noise ratio, etc.
Necom

Problem with Person Identification

Post by Necom »

Im new to VideoCAD so please excuse me for not understanding everything yet :)

I have used the example project and added a new camera ( no.19) based on the model TK-C925E-4mm allready in the cameralist !
i Have placed it on the project between the yellow truck and the blue car to the right with focus on the truck . I have placed a large man in front of the back of the truck and want to display the
Person identification Area so i can see how i works...

When i click on the Person Identification area box i the menu I dont get any numbers and allso no box displayed on the project !!!

What have i done wrong ?

Please advice

Necom

Support

Re: Problem with Person Identification

Post by Support »

Thank you for your question.
Person identification area (and license plate reading area) may be absent in many camera positions. It does not mean that the person identification is impossible at any point of the view area. This only means, that on a horizontal plane there are no points, at which a person of any height can be identified according to identification criteria.
Please see the article:
The principles of CCTV design in VideoCAD. Part 2. Person detection area, person identification area, license plate reading area"(*.pdf, 1112kB)

Try to execute step by step examples in the article to understand how the person identification area is calculated.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Support

Re: Problem with Person Identification

Post by Support »

VideoCAD 7 offers simplest tool - visualisation of spatial resolution.
Visualization of the Spatial resolution - a relatively simple and obvious, but less rigorous tool. In contrast to the calculation of person detection, identification, license plate reading areas, it does not separate one area, considering limitations of resolution, range of heights and angle. It does not take into account camera tilt angle when calculating the size of a person in the frame.

This tool only divides the view area into regions based on sequentially changing values of a specified criterion. In many practical cases this is enough. But if you want a more rigorous calculation, you should use the calculation of person detection, identification, license plate reading areas.

View area of cameras can be divided into regions based on the following criteria:
- vertical spatial resolution (pixels/meters, pixels/foot);
- vertical field of view size (meter, foot);
- vertical number of pixels covered by an object of the specified height (meter, foot);
- the part of the frame height covered by an object of the specified height (meter, foot).