Focal length

Image quality, Resolution, Light sensitivity, Signal/noise ratio, etc.
meien

Focal length

Post by meien »

There seems to be a problem when I want to change the focal length from 1/3" to 1/2.8" in the camera list. (I use a professional version ) Under image sensor I change the format from 1/3" to 1/2.8"
But it doesn't change when I use the camera geometry. It still remains 1/3". How do I change it? Thank you!

Support

Re: Focal length

Post by Support »

You can not type the sensor format from keyboard, you can only choose it from the list. There is no 1/2.8" format in the list. 1/2.7" follows after 1/3".
To use any sensor size which is absent in the list please use the Special sensor size box. See details http://cctvcad.com/videocad_help/index. ... orsize.htm

meien

Post by meien »

Why can I type 1/2.8" on the camera geometry in the Lite version? Thank you!
Attachments
擷取.GIF
擷取.GIF (98.52 KiB) Viewed 31529 times

Support

Post by Support »

You can enter from keyboard to the Image sensor format box a sensor size in millimeters in the format "horizontal size"*"vertical size".
For example 4.8*3.6 is the same as 1/3". For this purpose there is the possibility to enter value from keyboard to this box. It allows you to use any sensor size even which is absent in the list (but you need to know real sensor size in millimeters).
But if you enter from keyboard a sensor format in inches as 1/2.8" it will lead to error in calculation. Don't do it.
This feature is not important in Lite and Professional version, because these versions have the Special sensor size box intended for this purpose. But the feature is usefull in Starter II version without the Special sensor size box.

Support

Post by Support »

VideoCAD 8.1 Professional has been released. In this version you can type any sensor size in vidicon inches (1/2.1" 1/2.2"...etc). Modeling sensor size was improved considerably. See What is new in VideoCAD 8.1