Background

nbkiong

Background

Post by nbkiong »

Sir,

What is the problem of this, Autocad format .dxf and .dwg the drawing are okay but if I upload as background I encounter error.
Please check uploaded error images.

I try to uninstall and re-install software but when I try to do again scenario error still.

I used VideoCad 7 lite.... 7.1.0.2

regards..

Nino
Attachments
DXF format
DXF format
dxf.jpg (16.42 KiB) Viewed 16532 times
DWG format
DWG format
dwg.jpg (13.49 KiB) Viewed 16532 times
DWG format
DWG format
dwg1.jpg (15.88 KiB) Viewed 16532 times

nbkiong

Re: Background

Post by nbkiong »

another error.. if i open old file the error is this "Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000."
Attachments
error
error
error.jpg (13.59 KiB) Viewed 16530 times

Support

Post by Support »

VideoCAD uses powerful components for importing and exporting AutoCAD files, the most of AutoCAD files are processed correctly. However it is not AutoCAD and some files are not processed.
Pay attention:
VideoCAD7.1 supports dwg and dxf files up to AutoCAD 2012.
VideoCAD8 supports dwg and dxf files up to AutoCAD 2015.
So if you are trying to open newer version than AutoCAD 2012 in VideoCAD 7 Lite you can get an error.
Error with AutoCAD background can be recorded in the current project (very unlikely but possible).

To solve this issue first of all delete background Main menu>Drawing>Delete background>In Horizontal projection.

If after deleting background you still see error messages - save current project to a file Main menu>Project>Save as. Special correction procedure is performed while saving. Or uninstall and reinstall VideoCAD. If you get an error message after opening a project - save this project to a file (special correction procedure is performed while saving).

After these actions you will not see errors.

Then try to convert your AutroCAD file to supported version using AutoCAD or free DWG TrueView from Autodesk. Try to open background in supported format (up to AutoCAD 2012 for VideoCAD7 Lite).

If a problem persists, try to simplify your file, create new file in AutoCAD and copy to the new file only necessary constructions from your file. Then open this new file as background in VideoCAD.
You can also convert your file to emf or png format then open it in VideoCAD as background.

gabrielgustavo04

Post by gabrielgustavo04 »

Hello, if you are using the correct Autocad versión supported, run Videocad as administrator. It works for me. Good Luck