Line weights printing to PDF

mramet

Line weights printing to PDF

Post by mramet »

I was wondering if there is a way to change the line weight for the projection area when printing to PDF via the Universal Document Converter software. The line weights look fine on screen (1 pixel) but I do not know the line number corresponding to the projection area in order to try and make it narrower while printing.
Thank you for your assistance,
Mark

Support

Re: Line weights printing to PDF

Post by Support »

Sorry I can't advice about the Universal Document Convertor.

In VideoCAD weight of each line is defined in line type of the line. See the Help system
Each line type has two line weights:
1. For screen, in pixels (Screen width)
2. For printing, in mm (or inch).(Print width)

When you see a line on the screen or export the drawing to any raster format (including PDF), VideoCAD uses line weight in pixels.
When you print (including on a virtual PDF priner) VideoCAD uses line weight in mm (or inch). Resulting line weight on printed PDF is determined by the line weight in mm (inch) defined in the line type and by resolution of the printer (in DPI).

Thus to change weight of a line while printing you should change "Print width" of line type of the line.

mramet

Post by mramet »

Thank you for your quick response. I do understand the method for changing the line width, what I do not understand is which of the 2000 line types corresponds to which line in the program. I am looking for the lines that outline the projection area, but the lines are not named within VideoCad other than the 1-2000 number. If there is a place in help that I am not finding that has a table of which lines pertain to which function that would be very helpful.

Support

Post by Support »

mramet wrote:what I do not understand is which of the 2000 line types corresponds to which line in the program... If there is a place in help that I am not finding that has a table of which lines pertain to which function that would be very helpful.
You can see and change all line types used for system lines on the right side of the Lines tab of the Options box. Please see Help>Interface>Options>Lines>Right side of the tab
Please move mouse to any combobox to get pop-up hint.
mramet wrote: I am looking for the lines that outline the projection area,
Please see image below. Look at the Projections combobox with line 29 chosen. Open the combobox and choose 29 or choose 29 on the Line types>Number combobox. After that on the left side of the tab you can see and edit parameters of line 29.

mramet

Post by mramet »

Thank you for your time this has been very helpful.
Mark