VideoCAD7 - Changing the shape of a rectangle

tgherghel

VideoCAD7 - Changing the shape of a rectangle

Post by tgherghel »

Starting with VideoCAD 7 I am no longer able to change the shape of a rectangle by dragging independently its vertices (corners). While in the previous versions I was able to drag each vertex independently and create an irregular quadrilateral, starting with VideoCAD 7 when I drag a vertex, the two additional vertices are moving along to keep the shape as a rectangle. Is there a way / setting to revert to the original behaviour, as I sometimes need to create 3D models based on irregular quadrilaters (inclined or not)?

Support

Re: VideoCAD7 - Changing the shape of a rectangle

Post by Support »

In previous versions vertexes are moved independently without Ctrl pressed. And sides (pair of vertexes) are moved with Ctrl pressed. In VideoCAD7 this rule has been inverted as we consider it is more usual. Now to move vertex independently you should press Ctrl.

This change is mentioned in the Help system Interface>Graphics window>Graphics area>Editing state ( active state of cameras ) >How to edit objects, in description of the Select/Edit tool and in the What's new list (p. 1.90 )