VideoCAD Starter II Kit is released

admin

VideoCAD Starter II Kit is released

Post by admin »

VideoCAD Starter II differs from the VideoCAD Starter version by presence of additional features formerly available in the Lite and Professional versions only.

VideoCAD Starter II is offered only in a package of three programs - VideoCAD Starter II Kit. This package includes:

VideoCAD Starter II;
IP Camera CCTV Calculator;
VideoCAD Plugin for Google SketchUp.

See more..

Ammar Jaber

Re: VideoCAD Starter II Kit is released

Post by Ammar Jaber »

Dear Guys,

I am about to be involved in potential CCTV design Projects - Doha/Qatar, for High level Projects using BIM technologies based on Autodesk REVIT software for Building Information Modeling, and frankly I am planning to use VIdeoCAD as a professional software to represent our designs to our Valued clients.

Does the VIDEOCAD require Plugins to communicate with REVIT ? can libraries be customized in VideoCAD for unique cameras and lenses characteristics ?
Thank you in advance for your interest.

Regards,
AJ

Support

Re: VideoCAD Starter II Kit is released

Post by Support »

Ammar Jaber wrote:Dear Guys,
I am about to be involved in potential CCTV design Projects - Doha/Qatar, for High level Projects using BIM technologies based on Autodesk REVIT software for Building Information Modeling, and frankly I am planning to use VIdeoCAD as a professional software to represent our designs to our Valued clients.
You have written these questions in VideoCAD Starter II Kit topic. But I recommend you VideoCAD Professional. Its abilities are much higher. VideoCAD8 Professional with more than 100 new features will be released in autumn, I hope in September. Its possibilities of import and export are higher than VideoCAD7. Your payment for VideoCAD7 will be taken into account fully. VideoCAD8 will use the
same dongle, projects of VideoCAD7 will be supported. Thus you can order VideoCAD7 Professional now without loss of money.
Ammar Jaber wrote: Does the VIDEOCAD require Plugins to communicate with REVIT ?
You need plugin and SketchUP (free version) to import 3D models. Thus you can import any 3D format which can be opened in SketchUP. 2D DXF and DWG files can be used as a background without plugin.

If you are skilled REVIT user, you will be able to write plugin for REVIT similar to plugin for SketchUP and export 3D files to VideoCAD from REVIT directly, without SketchUP. You need to know REVIT internal script language. I can help you with principles of the plugin. One of our user have written VideoCAD plugin for its special software.
Ammar Jaber wrote: can libraries be customized in VideoCAD for unique cameras and lenses characteristics ?
Yes. But with the VideoCAD Professional only. VideoCAD Starter II Kit doesn't support this feature. See details http://cctvcad.com/videocad_help/index. ... models.htm

Also I answered for your more detailed questions by email.